Skip to content
Conversations with my dad
- Dad:I was so impressed with [redacted’s] Christmas card this year I’m thinking of doing my own.
- Me:Wow! That’s new.
- Dad:But I’m going to do Valentine’s day cards instead.
- Dad:Because everyone sends Christmas cards, mine would just get lumped in with everyone else. But no one sends a Valentine’s day card.
- Me:So you are going to make Valentine’s day cards with pictures of you and [step-mom]?
- Dad:And Beau D (their dog).
- Me:I see. So all these years that you could have had Christmas cards done up with pictures of your children, and you passed. And now you are doing one with the dog?
- Dad:Good point! Send me a picture of Emma, I’ll put her on the card too.