I got tagged on Facebook to spill 9 facts about me that you may or may not know, so I figured I’d repost it here since I am lazy and don’t post anymore (working on changing this!!!)
1. I truly believe I am a descendant of royalty. As in I’ve spent needless money on ancestry.com attempting to prove this out. So far I’ve only found potato farmers and rice farmers in my family tree… but I’m not giving up.
2. I have 3 cats. The third cat was adopted after a pet psychiatrist (giving out free advice – I didn’t actually pay to see one) told us that our girl cat was depressed because our boy cat wanted to play with her too much so we needed an additional boy cat to bring peace to our household.
3. This past weekend I went to the Giants v. Packers game. They brought a military spouse and her daughter onto the field to honor her on behalf of her husband’s service to our country. Then they started playing, “I’m coming home” and announced that Christmas came early this year as her husband was coming home earlier than expected AND THEN he ran out onto the field to be reunited with his family. I started crying hysterically and the guy next to me looked over and muttered, “there’s no crying in football.” Also… I may be crying again just typing this.
4. The summer before I left for college my dad was terrified that I didn’t know how to cook anything, so every Sunday we had a standing cooking class. To give him his due, he is an amazing cook and therefore our “classes” entailed me learning how to make things like lobster bisque from scratch. At the time I didn’t know how to make scrambled eggs or mac and cheese from the box, but I went to college equipped with the knowledge of how to make lobster bisque.
5. I married my high school classmate Ryan, however as we didn’t really know each other that well in high school, I first caught his eye when my mom and I sat in the airplane seats right in front of him and his mom on the flight up to Boston freshman year and he noticed that I spent the entire time playing Sim City 2000 on my computer. He was impressed. We became best friends and ended up traveling to London together for spring break one year. At which time, I peaked his interest of being more than just friends by being completely dominant at his new Super Mario Land Gameboy Game.
6. I went to the NY Renaissance Faire this year. I decided that I felt left out by not being decked out in costume so I quickly ordered renaissance costume pieces and went back to the Faire this year, in full costumed attire.
7. I’ve lived in New England for 15 years and yet still have not grown accustomed to the winters to the point where I am already rocking a winter jacket recommended for use on exhibitions to Antarctica.
8. I was born and raised in Hawaii and yet I cannot speak pidgin to save my life. For those of you not from Hawaii, this is actually probably my most embarrassing fact on here.
9. I was a cheerleader in high school that didn’t even get to the Varsity squad. Yet, get me drunk now and I still may perform some cheers. I take back #8, this is clearly my most embarrassing fact.